Relevant strategies supporting the development of services exports include:
- NT International engagement, trade and investment strategic plan 2018 to 2021
- The Digital Territory Strategy
- Territory Inbound Worker Strategy 2019-2028
- Northern Territory business innovation strategy
- Creative Industries Strategy NT 2020 – 2024 (https://dtsc.nt.gov.au/arts-and-museums/creative- industries-strategy-2020-2024);
- Northern Territory gas strategy: five point plan; and
- A COVID19 business support package website.
A range of programs and services which support accelerators, incubators and other initiatives:
- The Innovator-in-Residence program provides mentoring and specialist advice to start-up businesses to help them grow and address the critical uncertainties faced by small and medium enterprises in the Northern Territory.
- The Business Acceleration Program is an intensive business growth program that enables chief executive officers / managing directors and executives of Territory companies to identify growth opportunities, overcome business challenges, and drive competitive advantage.
- The Trade Support Scheme can help businesses offset the costs of international marketing activities. The Scheme can provide funding for up to 50% of the cost of approved activities.
The Local Jobs Fund supports transformative projects and will help high growth potential Territory businesses to increase exports of goods and services both interstate and internationally.